Friday, June 4, 2010

oiled up



 @ londonist brings "us" this:



Thanks @londonist!

I'm not saying she a gold digger
But she is (in fact) messin' with some broked oil

Get it? The pipeline has burst. That's the joke.

THK GOD ONLY HALF OF SWANSEA, HUH GUYS? Honestly, no idea how my brain would absorb the tragedy of being without this landmark:

(The four architectural stumps of what was once a terribly overpowering fortress and castle. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre. Per Yeats:
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.)

Anyways I'm sad and miss London today and my heart is completely absorbed in this terribly tragedy, and I mean that, not ironically, I mean that. The Gulf Coast has suffered enough, say.

No comments:

Post a Comment